Puppet Contributor Summit
The Puppet community has been growing very quickly over the past two years. At early Puppet Camps, we had mostly contributors working together on ways to make Puppet better, but as the community has grown, our Puppet Camps have attracted so many new users that it's become difficult for established contributors to find a place to collaborate together.
The plan is to hold two contributor summits per year with the first one at CfgMgmtCamp.eu and the second at PuppetConf. We want this event to attract both existing and new contributors to Puppet, related projects and modules. We hope to get existing contributors more engaged, encourage new contributions, and improve our processes for working with community contributors.
Who should attend
- People who have submitted pull requests and contribute code to our projects.
- Community members working on related projects (Dashboard, Puppetboard, Foreman, etc.)
- Module developers and publishers.
- Key community members who answer a lot of questions about using Puppet.
- Long-time Puppet users who are interested in doing more.
- 09:30 - 14:00: CfgMgmtCamp.eu keynotes and lunch
- 14:00 - 15:20: State of where we are as a project and a community (Eric Sorenson)
- 15:20 - 15:40: Break
- 15:40 - 16:20: Low friction contribution from bug report to shipping (Deepak)
- 16:20 - 17:40: Open discussion about improving community process
- 17:40 - 18:00: Community recognition (Dawn)
- 09:30 - 10:30: Q&A with Luke Kanies
- 10:30 - 11:00: Cron (Felix Frank)
- 11:00 - 11:20: Break
- 11:20 - 11:50: Puppetboard (Daenney)
- 11:50 - 12:20: Writing your own augeasproviders (Dominic Cleal)
- 12:20 - 12:50: Kafo - the framework for creating shiny installers based on Puppet (Marek Hulán)
- 13:00 - 14:00: Lunch
- 14:00 - 15:00: TDD with rspec and other testing (Johan De Wit + Jan Vansteenkiste)
- 15:00 - 15:30: Contributions to Puppet (Erik Dalen)
- 15:30 - 15:40: Break
- 15:40 - 17:00: Hacking time - work on your favorite Puppet project together
You can contact Dawn Foster for questions about this event. Her email address is dawn@ the Puppet Labs domain.