Puppet control-repo to the next level
Alessandro Franceschi - Tuesday, Feb 7, 14:40 - 15:20 - B1.015
A control repo is the content of a Puppet environment, it provides the Puppet code and data needed in a Puppet infrastructure.
In this presentation we will see:
- The principles of a sane structure for a control repo
- How to organize the local and public modules in the control repo.
- How to classify nodes using grouping strategies as roles and profiles
- How to structure our Hiera hierarchies and data
- How to test the control-repo code in a local Vagrant environment
- How to manage a full Puppet code workflow, from development to testing and deployment
Long time Puppet user, trainer and consultant. He has written the book "Extending Puppet" and several Puppet related projects. Founder and CTO at example42 GmbH.