Rudder: what's new and what's next? Roadmap, vision and thoughts
Rudder 4.1 was released in March 2017 with:
- an advanced feature to query external APIs and pull in node properties dynamically
- the ability to add "key=value" tags to all Rules and Directives in order to categorize them
- a new API on relay servers to enable node-to-node file sharing and remote run in firewalled environments performance improvements
- a new plugin package format
- Parameters for Technique Editor techniques
- ACLs on the API accounts
- Many architecture improvements
- A plugin to integrate data from external APIs
- Monitoring integration with Centreon
- CMDB integration with iTop
- A reporting plugin for historized compliance
Nicolas is a tinkerer who likes when things just work, and tries his best to reach this goal. He started as a developer 15 years ago, and often had to reach out of this role to solve issues.
In 2010, he co-founded Normation, and he still enjoys fixing things in Rudder and at its users.